The construction department has over 30 years of experience in delivering HE programmes and has always given a high profile to this part of its provision. The course offers a flexible, modular driven programme, which provides students with high quality learning experiences.
Our programme directly services the needs of local and national contractors, thus enabling the department to maintain its links with the roots of the industry.
Site managers, supervisors, technologists, project managers and many more professions in the construction industry are in great demand, locally, nationally and internationally, to carry out highly skilled and professional jobs and this course supports those professional routes and roles.
Mandatory core units may include:
- Individual project
- Construction technology
- Science and materials
- Construction practice and management
- Legal statutory responsibilities in construction
- Construction information (drawing, detailing, specification)
- Surveying, measuring and setting out
- Site supervision and operations