Careers Clinic - September
The Careers team at CWA can help you make those all-important choices by offering you impartial, individual Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to enable you to make informed decisions about planning for your future.
Book a slot to speak to one of our qualified Careers Advisors, who can provide you with confidential IAG to help you with your chosen career options if you know what they are, or help you find them if you do not! You do not have to be currently studying at CWA.
We can help you to/with:
- Explore career options and progression routes
- Build your skills for interviews
- Market yourself in the digital age
- Create an effective CV/profile
- Your digital reputation
- Identify your key strengths, skills and areas for development
- Search for jobs/apply for a job
- Labour market information
- Identify your key strengths and skills
- Employability and interview skills
- University choices and higher education
- UCAS personal statements.
The careers team were able to help Mark Dean, who said, "I was in two minds about doing an online course to further my career within the equine industry. I had more questions than I did answers and things seemed quite grey. Being a family man, I was also worried about the financial side.
I spoke to Ann Compton from the careers team, who not only answered my questions, but gave me the confidence to pursue what was best for me. Ann gave me a pathway to my end goals with a clear timeline of tasks for me to complete. I found Ann’s enthusiasm contagious, which gave me the energy to keep looking, when every way I had explored looked blocked.
From September, I will start a foundation degree, all thanks largely to Ann’s positivity and advice."
Also Louise Stableford, who commented, "The level of support I have received from the careers service has been phenomenal. Not only have they helped me with my personal statement, obtaining work experience, and all things university, but have done so in such a caring manner that my self-confidence has improved tenfold."