Course basket

DBS check

£ 45.00 each
Academic year:

If you need a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check to complete work placement for your course, you can make payment here. You can find further details about paying and applying for a DBS check here.

Do I need a DBS check?

Students on the following courses require a DBS check:

  • All Health and Social Care students (including T-Level)
  • All Childcare and Early Years students (including T-Level)

If you're planning to study one of the above courses, it's really important that you make payment before your course begins in September.

If you doing a different course but have secured work placement with an employer who works with young people (for example, you might complete work experience at a school as an IT engineer), you should pay for your DBS check here when advised to do so by your work placement and careers coordinator. 

Financial support

If your household income is less than £35,000 per annum, you may be eligible for our financial support scheme which, if approved, will cover the full cost of your DBS check. You complete an application for this on our website here.

What happens next?

Your work placement and careers coordinator will need to see your evidence and will inform you how to complete the DBS process. this should be completed shortly after your course begins. You will need to provide evidence to submit your application - further details of what evidence is required can be found hereYou should prepare this evidence ready for September.

CWA Logo

General Enquiries
01553 761 144

Student Services
01553 815 271


If you would like to ask a question, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Invalid Input
Please tell us your first name
Please tell us your surname
Please enter a valid email address
Invalid Input

Please select the types which best describe you
Please tell us what you are enquiring about
This field is required
Invalid Input
Invalid Input