We continue to monitor the situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) on a daily basis in line with the latest government guidance, which can be found here
All campuses (including Providence St and Lynnsport) are now closed to students and visitors (except for some scheduled exams - City & Guilds technical in bricklaying, site carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating).
The college nursery will remain open to support children of key workers in line with government guidance.
On Monday 23rd March all courses moved to an online learning model and course directors are contacting students about this. Students click here for information on studying from home.
College business will continue with most staff working from home. Staff can be contacted via email and online channels are available for queries and information. Click here for details about how to contact us.
What to do if you think you have coronavirus symptoms
The latest government guidance regarding coronavirus relates to whole household isolation if someone within the home environment experiences symptoms (a high temperature and / or a new, continuous cough.).
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person shows symptoms
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
- Only contact 111 if your symptoms worsen or you are not feeling better after seven days.
- Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
The government has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Parents and students can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
This page will be updated to reflect any changes in guidance or college status