If you are a child in care or a care leaver we want you to enjoy college, feel well supported, achieve in your studies and reach you full potential.
For all children in care and care leavers we will:
- Provide you with the opportunity to tell us about your current circumstances during the application process and throughout your course
- Offer you personalised support throughout the application process and your course to meet your individual needs
- Offer you information, and advice about starting college, your first day and support available to you e.g. financial support, pastoral support or learning support
- Work closely with your carers, social worker and/or personal advisor to ensure that you are well supported during your time at CWA
- Offer you a named student mentor to support you with throughout your course and help with any worries, concerns or challenges you may face
- Create an open and inclusive environment where you feel well supported and respected