Course basket

It’s easy to get to and from college, as all four of our campuses are well-serviced by local bus services, with King’s Lynn campus also being a short walk from the train station. We also have limited car parking and bicycle shelters on each site.

Find out what transport options are available to you with our transport calculator.

  • Public transport

    The college works in conjunction with local county councils and providers to operate various bus routes to and from each campus to cater for full time students. Complete our transport questionnaire below to find out which options are available for you to get to college and to start your transport application. Please note that the transport calculator relates to 2022 / 2023 academic year. Whilst routes are likely to be the same, prices are subject to change each year.

    Launch Transport Calculator

  • Students with special educational needs

    If your young person is an independent traveller and are able to use public transport, you should complete the transport calculator above to find the most suitable travel route for the cheapest price. If your household income is less than £35,000 per annum, you will be eligible for our financial support scheme which, in most instances, will cover the full cost of a single subsidised bus or train pass.

    If your young person is unable to travel independently, you should contact the special educational needs transport team at your local county council. When assessing a student's needs, the SEN traval teams will consider whether specialist transport (e.g., a taxi) is available / suitable and whether your young person might benefit from their travel independence training schemes. If you are approved for financial support, we will cover the parental contribuition of any subsidised specialist transport offered by the council. 

    If you need any support, please speak with your Education Health & Care Plan or SEN Coordinator at your current school. Our student services team can also help - please contact us on 01553 815271 if you need some advice on what to do next.

  • Reduced travel pass for students in Fenland - CWA Travel Subsidy

    Do you live in Fenland and interested in studying at the College of West Anglia for the 2023 - 2024 academic year? If so, you may be eligible for transport to CWA for a maximum of £200 for the year!

    Find out more here

  • Free shuttle bus: Waterbeach - Cambridge campus

    The college runs a free shuttle bus mainly for Norfolk-based students from Waterbeach train station to the Cambridge campus each college day. Those who live in Waterbeach or in Cambridgeshire but can get to Waterbeach can also use the service. The service operates during term time on further education course teaching days.

    The coach will collect students from the bus stop in Waterbeach village at 8.45 am (to coincide with the train from King’s Lynn arriving at Waterbeach at 8.35am). The bus stop is opposite Gibson Close in Waterbeach village, and is 8 minutes walk from the train station. The coach will return students to the station, leaving the campus at 4.25 pm.

    We provide this service free of charge to Norfolk-based students using the trains from Waterbeach but we do need to inform you that should you miss the service in the morning or the return journey in the evening, you will be responsible for making your own travel arrangements to get to the station/college.

    You will not need a bus pass to use this service but may be asked to show your student ID card to travel.

    To apply for the shuttle bus, please fill in this form.

  • Bicycle shelters

    The college provides compounds for cyclists to secure their bikes at all four campuses. Students who live in Norfolk or Cambridgeshire may be entitled to a cycling allowance from the county council. For more information please click your county above.

  • Car parking

    The college has limited parking on all four of our campuses. Parking is by permit only; these are available from student services from the start of each academic year. Parking permits are provided depending on how far you live from the campus:

    • King’s Lynn campus – students who live outside of a set radius of approximately 2.5miles away from the college are entitled to a parking permit to park on-site. Students who live less than 2.5miles from the college can have a parking permit for our Sports campus based at Alive Lynnsport.

      Please see below on how to get to Alive Lynnsport by car and how to walk to the main campus. You can also download the map here.

      21 CWA LynnsportParking sm

    • Wisbech & Cambridge campuses – students who live further than a mile away from the campus are entitled to a parking permit.

    To apply for a parking permit please fill in this form.

Upcoming open events at King's Lynn, Wisbech and Cambridge

Return to Learning - King's Lynn - Wednesday, 29 March 2023

Want to change your career? Want to get back into education? Want to get a degree? Come along to our open event for adults to find out about our range of flexible learning or retraining options - from degrees to apprenticeships, distance learning to part-time courses.

Read more & register

Open Evening - Tuesday, 25 April 2023 - Cambridge campus

25 April 2023 5PM - 8PM Cambridge Campus

Our Cambridge campus offers: Animal care & management, Dog Grooming, Equine & veterinary Nursing vocational courses as well as Agriculture & horticulture Apprenticeships.

Read more & register

CWA Logo

General Enquiries
01553 761 144

Student Services
01553 815 271


If you would like to ask a question, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Invalid Input
Please tell us your first name
Please tell us your surname
Please enter a valid email address
Invalid Input

Please select the types which best describe you
Please tell us what you are enquiring about
This field is required
Invalid Input
Invalid Input