T-Level
Course basket

T-level

Got designs on a rewarding career in Childcare, Adult Nursing or Science?

T Levels give you a head start towards the career you want.

  • 4 days in the classroom, 1 day in work placement
  • Equivalent to 3 A Levels
  • 45-day industry placement

Here's everything else you need to know...

What are T Levels?

T Levels are a new technical qualification, available at CWA from September 2021.

Here’s what you need to know:

  • A T Level takes two years and is equivalent to 3 A Levels
  • After the T Level study programme, students will eb able to choose between moving into a skilled occupation or further study, for example, a higher or degree level apprenticeship, or higher level technical study, including higher education.
  • T Levels bring classroom and industry placements together
  • T Levels were designed by employers to give students the qualifications to prepare the for employment

T Levels are studied five days a week, with 80% of your time in the classroom and the other 20% on a relevant industry placement, getting real on-the-job experience.

Each T Level is made up of:

  • Core industry skills and knowledge
  • Specialist skills and knowledge relevant to your chosen career
  • Either a 315-hour (45 day) or 700 (90 day) industry placement with an employer (depending on route taken
  • Maths, English and digital skills relevant to the chosen pathway.

You will be assessed by exams for the core skills, practical skills tests for the occupational (career) specialisms and your competency will be reviewed whilst on placement.

T Levels are career-focused, with a significant industry placement allowing you to develop the knowledge and skills you need to compete for the best higher/degree apprenticeships and highly skilled careers.

T Levels are for young people who are academically strong and ambitious to get ahead in high-level technical occupations. They provide the chance to learn what a real career is like while studying.

Which T Levels are available?

The first three T Levels will be available from September 2021.

What are the T Level entry requirements?

You will need 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths and Science for the Science Assistant Route.

What are the differences between T Levels and A Levels?

If you have a specific career goal, a T Level will give you the experience and skills needed to get a head start into your chosen area.

T Levels lead to a nationally-recognised qualification showing specific learning outcomes with an overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction.

They equip young people to progress to university, highly skilled employment or a higher/degree apprenticeship.

When they complete a T Level study programme, students will be able to choose between moving into a skilled occupation or further study, for example, a higher or degree level apprenticeship, or higher level technical study, including higher education

UCAS Tariff for T Levels

UCAS Tariff points T Level overall grade A Level grades
168 Distinction* A*A*A*
144 Distinction AAA
120 Merit BBB
96 Pass (C or above on the core) CCC
72 Pass (D or E on the core) DDD

The tariff allocates points to each qualification grade so you can easily work out what you need for a particular course. The table below shows how T Levels equate to A Levels.

The table above is based on achieving the same grade for each A Level. However, UCAS tariff totals can be achieved through different A Level grade combinations based on the following A Level grade points: A*=56; A=48; B=40; C=32; D=24; E=16.

Keep up with T-level at CWA

Get notified of the latest open days, events and course information we think you’ll be interested in

This field is required
This field is required.
CWA Logo

General Enquiries
01553 761 144

Student Services
01553 815 271

If you would like to ask a question, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Invalid Input
Please tell us your first name
Please tell us your surname
Please enter a valid email address
Invalid Input




Please select the types which best describe you
Please tell us what you are enquiring about
This field is required
Invalid Input
Invalid Input