This is an established course which has been running since the 90's, during this time we have supported hundreds of students to progress onto a degree relating to professional healthcare and start the process of successfully obtaining a career in a variety of healthcare professions.
Specific healthcare degrees which our students have progressed onto, include; Adult Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic Science, Child Nursing, Operating Department Practitioners, Mental Health Nursing, and Social Work. There are many more professional healthcare degree options as a result of the successful completion of the course, and additionally vocational opportunities, such as, Mental Health Practitioners and a direct supported pathway to the Trainee Nursing Associates course. Averagely 85% of our students receive offers to study a degree in the healthcare professions, with the remaining 15% progressing onto vocational aspirations.
The core subjects which will be studied on the course are Human Biology, Health and Community Studies and Psychology. In addition, there will be supporting modules in Study Skills and Applied Maths, and an independent project module which provides opportunity to examine a self-selected topic area within the scope of Nursing and Healthcare Professions.
The course provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and theories you will meet during your further studies or training. Teamwork and oral skills are promoted through group discussion and seminars, which helps prepare for next steps both in an academic and vocational context. All students have the opportunity to develop practical skills in the laboratories, and medical practice using the state-of-the-art school of nursing facilities.
Access to Nursing & Healthcare Professions Part-Time is an evening provision.
We also offer this as a daytime course here.
The College of West Anglia is a longstanding and successful provider of Access to HE courses.